Employees are the most important resource at Dickson Electric System. Without them, it would be impossible to deliver electricity to our approximately 36,000 customers. Dickson Electric System offers a meaningful work environment, career development and competitive pay and benefits. DES has a practice of promoting from within the organization when qualified employees express interest. However, sometimes it becomes necessary to recruit and select candidates from outside the organization.
Employment opportunities for DES are posted on our website and if necessary, advertised via local newspapers or the TVPPA website. Resumes and applications are accepted only when there is a specific job opening.
Click here for our Application for Employment. Dickson Electric System is an Equal Opportunity employer and a TN drug-free workplace.
Currently, DES has the following job opening:
POWER LINE DESIGN ENGINEER/TECHNICIAN – Commonly referred to as Staking Technician – Dickson Electric System is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Power Line Design Engineer/Technician.
Designs medium voltage electric utility distribution facilities. Duties include specification of pole height/class, pole top assemblies, and guying assemblies. Ensures engineering and construction standards are followed throughout the design, constructability of the design, and compliance with Dickson Electric and NESC specifications as necessary. Performs field inspections of construction projects to assure compliance and reports any discrepancies to supervisor. Responsible for preparing permits. Requires knowledge in property deeds, right-of-way easements, and acquisition. Responsible for interfacing with landowners to obtain easements and/or permission for the construction of the electric facilities.
- Technical degree in engineering technology. Civil or electrical engineering degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to carry a 20-pound pack several miles in rough terrain.
- Ability to drive stakes to mark location of future poles and anchor placement.
- Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, and criminal history background check.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Think clearly and identify and solve problems in a thorough and logical manner.
- Communicate clearly, persuasively, concisely, courteously and professionally with co-workers, customers, and other business contacts.
- Interpret verbal and written communications applicable to specifications and structural layouts.
- Math skills – to include plane and solid geometry and basic algebra; basic statistics and percents; and addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Well-reasoned decision maker.
- Record field data neatly and accurately.
- Meet and deal effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of land descriptions, basic surveying, and basic electricity terminology and concepts.
- Knowledge of GPS or survey equipment.
- Be able to learn and recognize electric utility construction units.
Generous benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Those qualified may apply via the DES website www.dicksonelectric.com or may email resume and application to Humanresources@dicksonelectric.com. Applications and resumes may also be mailed to Dickson Electric System, attention Human Resources, at P.O. Box 627, Dickson, TN 37056. The position will remain open until filled. Dickson Electric System is a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.