Employees are the most important resource at Dickson Electric System. Without them, it would be impossible to deliver electricity to our approximately 36,000 customers. Dickson Electric System offers a meaningful work environment, career development and competitive pay and benefits. DES has a practice of promoting from within the organization when qualified employees express interest. However, sometimes it becomes necessary to recruit and select candidates from outside the organization.
Employment opportunities for DES are posted on our website and if necessary, advertised via local newspapers or the TVPPA website. Resumes and applications are accepted only when there is a specific job opening.
DES has the following career opportunities available at this time: Field Technician.
Field Technician – This position assists DES engineers in the design and layout of the electrical distribution systems. Duties include but are not limited to:
- completing paperwork,
- assisting in field design,
- inspecting utility ditches,
- looking at DES joint use applications,
- assisting in system maintenance,
- mapping existing DES equipment, and
- working directly with customers.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work outside in any kind of weather and in any kind of terrain
- Able to carry 20 pounds
- Able to drive stakes in the ground
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to pass drug test and background checks
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must be willing and able to communicate effectively, courteously and professionally; learn the electrical utility industry; identify and solve problems. Must be accountable, dependable and self-motivated.
Those qualified may apply via the DES website and email the completed application (and resume if desired) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be mailed to Dickson Electric System, attention Human Resources, at P.O. Box 627, Dickson, TN 37056. The position will remain open until filled.
Dickson Electric System is a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.