Employees are the most important resource at Dickson Electric System. Without them, it would be impossible to deliver electricity to our approximately 36,000 customers. Dickson Electric System offers a meaningful work environment, career development and competitive pay and benefits. DES has a practice of promoting from within the organization when qualified employees express interest. However, sometimes it becomes necessary to recruit and select candidates from outside the organization.
Employment opportunities for DES are posted on our website and if necessary, advertised via local newspapers or the TVPPA website. Resumes and applications are accepted only when there is a specific job opening.
DES has the following career opportunity available:
Manager of Information Technology – Dickson Electric System is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Manager of Information Technology. This position is responsible for the following:
• Administer, oversee and maintain the information technology system for Dickson Electric System.
• Work with Engineering to maintain and monitor outage system.
• Secure and maintain backup files of all DES data and secure storage and retrieval of such data.
• Check for and implement all applicable updates on network gear and telephone system.
• Constant monitoring of the system to maintain data and system integrity.
• Oversee and maintain access control on closed circuit system.
• Oversee and maintain all scanning devices.
• Maintain compliance with FCC communication and all other applicable laws.
• Purchase, maintain and monitor all information technology equipment.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field.
• Five years experience in Information Technology, preferably with two years in the electric utility industry.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers, other employees of DES and the general public in a professional, businesslike manner.
• Generous benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position will remain open until filled.
Dickson Electric System
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 627
Dickson, TN 37056
DES is a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.