Employees are the most important resource at Dickson Electric System. Without them, it would be impossible to deliver electricity to our approximately 36,000 customers. Dickson Electric System offers a meaningful work environment, career development and competitive pay and benefits. DES has a practice of promoting from within the organization when qualified employees express interest. However, sometimes it becomes necessary to recruit and select candidates from outside the organization.
Employment opportunities for DES are posted on our website and if necessary, advertised via local newspapers or the TVPPA website. Resumes and applications are accepted only when there is a specific job opening.
DES has the following career opportunities available at this time:
Journeyman Lineman — Dickson Electric System has an opening for a Journeyman Lineman. The purpose of the Lineman is to construct, maintain, operate and repair electrical overhead and underground distribution system and substations in compliance with codes and safety methods. Essential functions are: string wires, set poles and anchors, hang transformers, lightning arrestors, cutouts, cross arms, and insulators. Work with energized, high voltage systems, install underground duct systems, vaults, cables, pad-mounted transformers, switches, switchgear and associated system components. Must be able to remain calm and act quickly in emergencies and have thorough knowledge of approved methods, materials and tools in electrical utility line construction and maintenance. Must be able to anticipate and plan for the unexpected and have good mental concentration. Must be physically able to work long hours, perform heavy manual tasks, carry heavy equipment, and work outside in all kinds of terrain and weather conditions at any hour of the day or night. Must be able to climb poles and work out of a bucket at heights up to 80 feet. A high school diploma or GED and a valid Tennessee CDL driver’s license is required.
Qualified applicants should complete the DES application available on our website and email it along with a resume, if desired, to: email@example.com or send via U.S. mail to: Dickson Electric System, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 627, Dickson, TN 37056. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. DES offers a competitive salary and benefits package. DES is a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ground person – Dickson Electric System is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Ground person in the Construction/Operations department. The responsibilities include:
- General helper on the ground for the line crews, passing tools and materials to the crew and assisting in line maintenance by preparing and assembling various line materials using various hand and power tools.
- Keep work areas clean and organized, help clean and stock trucks, set up work area, clear undergrowth in work area, and sometimes talk with customers.
Requirements: mechanical and electrical aptitude; good communication skills; previous experience in electrical industry or working with heavy equipment and prior education in line work is a plus.
At least a Class B CDL
- Able to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with job functions.
- Able to work outside their regular scheduled hours, to be available for emergency and/or arranged work.
- Able to perform duties involving prolonged standing, sitting, crouching, and/or stooping.
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Able to work with small components.
- Able to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
- Able to push, pull, and position tools, equipment, and structural material weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Generous benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Those qualified may apply via the DES website: dicksonelectric.com or may email the application found on the website to: Humanresources@dicksonelectric.com. Applications and resumes may also be mailed to Dickson Electric System, attention Human Resources, at P.O. Box 627, Dickson, TN 37056. The position will remain open until filled. Dickson Electric System is a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.