Apply for Service
*Note: Starting, stopping, or transferring service can usually be done by the following business day after application of service is completed or following a request to stop or transfer service.
You can find an application for electric service here.
Our application for electric service requires your full name, complete address, place of employment, home and work telephone numbers, and social security number. The signing of the application must be witnessed and notarized by a notary public or it must be signed in our office before one of our Customer Service employees.
In addition to a notarized application, the following items are required in order to apply for new service:
- A valid, photo identification, such as a driver’s license or state issued I.D.
- A copy of your lease or rental agreement, or proof of ownership of the property.
- A security deposit. The security deposit is determined by the credit of the person obtaining service. We will run a credit check with Online Credit Services to determine this amount, ranging from $75 to $200. Security deposits may be paid by cash, money order, or check.
The above listed documentation, as well as the application for service (signed and notarized) must be received by our office prior to service being turned on for the new applicant.
There is a non-refundable $15.00 connection fee for new service. This fee will appear on your first bill.
Call DES Customer Service at (615) 446-9051 or visit our office at 236 Cowan Road in Dickson (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) for more information on applying for service.
New Construction Service
Click here for DES Fee Structure for Line Extensions.
Dickson Electric System requires each prospective customer desiring electric service for new construction to:
- Sign Dickson Electric’s application for New Construction.
- Fill out DES application for service and turn in to Customer Service Department. You can find an application for electric service here.
- Provide proper identity verification.
- Post a security deposit.
- Pay a service/connection charge.
- Sign a right-of-way easement (must also be notarized by a notary public). You can find a right-of-way easement here.
- Obtain the necessary state electrical permits (to be purchased by the person responsible for the electrical work). Permit fees are based on meter base amps.
DES can install electric service only after satisfactory inspection has been performed by an authorized representative of the State of Tennessee. Contact our Customer Service Department to schedule a state electrical inspection. Inspections are conducted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Please allow at least one day’s notice when scheduling inspections. Once new construction passes state inspection, service should be turned on within two to three weeks.
For more information on setting up new service, contact our Customer Service Department at (615) 446-9051.
Are you building new single home or multi-family homes? You may qualify for the TVA Energy Right® Solutions New Homes incentives. Click here for more information!